GVMA Veterinarians' Day at the Capitol
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
8 am – 3 pm
Check-in, registration and breakfast begin at 7:30 am
Georgia Railroad Freight Depot - 65 Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr.
Why you should attend
- 5 hours of free CE, including 2 hours of LEAP CE
- free breakfast and lunch
- examine issues that affect veterinarians
- learn the important role veterinarians can play in shaping public policy
- interact with state elected and government officials and see the Georgia Assembly in action
- 2 hours of LEAP CE exploring veterinary drug compounding with pharmacy and industry experts, including the legislative hurdles required to secure compounded medications in veterinary practices. Featuring Starr Miller, RPh, DICVP, and Sue Duran, RPh, DICVP, Phd of Auburn University
- Presentations from elected officials – past speakers have included the Governor, Lieutenant
Governor, Speaker of the House, Secretary of State, Commissioner of Agriculture, and many
prominent Senators and Representatives.
- Visit the capitol and legislative chambers
- Examination of legislative issues compounding legislation and mandatory reporting of animal abuse
Please invite your legislator to attend the lunch. It’s convenient and free – why wouldn’t they
want to attend? Plus, this is your chance to introduce your legislator to veterinary medicine.
This event (including breakfast and lunch) is sponsored by the GVMA Advocacy Committee at
no cost to members.
Join us on site at the capitol!
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 309-3272